Jan is a Solicitor in the Real Estate Team.
Jan started his legal career in Germany and decided to further experience the difference between legal theory and commercial practice in the US, Russia, Czech Republic and Benelux. Jan initially settled in London where he assisted on various high profile antitrust and FS matters at Hausfeld & Co LLP. He then briefly assisted on a delicate dispute between an international retail conglomerate and the HMRC at Freshfields and spent half a year in house at a FinTech company Checkout.com.
Jan is fluent in German, Russian, Czech and Slovak with basic knowledge of French.
- Developers: Assisting the leading partner advising a developer consortium in relation to a 540 acre development at Nansledan delivering 4,000 new homes. Advice includes site set up, phasing, land acquisition and other ancillary development documentation and subsequent disposal including affordable unit disposals.
- Landowners: Assisting the leading partner on disposal of industrial estate and farm land delivering up to 2,000 new homes by landowner family to a developer consortium. Engagement involved negotiation and drafting of the transactional documentation and collaboration with other departments in relation to implications of the sale for the landowner family members.
- Charity: Assisting the lead partner on part disposal by a charity to a developer. Transaction involved legal charge by an overseas lender and overage payment to a previous landowner. Jan was involved in negotiation and drafting of the loan, overage and disposal documentation.
- Homes England and local authorities: Advising and preparing documentation on various funding and regeneration related projects.
- Various clients: Preparing acquisition/disposal documentation, overage agreements; option/promotion agreements, heads of terms and site set up negotiations and various site issue resolution.