James is a Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Team.
James has significant experience in acting for private and high-street lenders in professional negligence claims, particularly against solicitors and valuers. He has also acted for professionals in investigations and prosecutions carried out by professional regulators, such as the Solicitors Regulations Authority.
James advises clients throughout the litigation process, and has practical experience in achieving settlement of disputes through Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Private UK company: Acting for a client in a high-value claim against a former director for a secret benefit obtained by the director during their employment.
- Regulated professional: Acting in relation to a multi-million multi-party claim for damages arising out of alleged misconduct. Involved advising on complex partnership, regulatory and insurance issues.
- High street lender: Acting for a client in the settlement of a number of high value professional negligence claims in respect of commercial, licenced, health and industrial property.
- High street lender: Acting for a client in relation to a number of associated claims arising out of mortgage fraud, including the defence of a claim by the client's borrower and the pursuit of the client's solicitors for paying out client funds in breach of accounts rules.
- Private client: Acting for a client in the successful settlement of a complex negligence claim against a firm of surveyors in respect of incorrect advice given in connection with the purchase of residential property.