James is an Associate in the Construction & Infrastructure Team specialising in the development of energy and infrastructure projects.
Much of James' experience is in the development, construction and operation of new and existing renewable energy projects.
James advises private sector developers, funders, technology providers and contractors on a wide range of commercial, construction and process engineering issues. He also works on the conventional civil and structural construction elements of new-build energy projects.
Prior to studying law James was the Project Manager for a significant leisure and property development in the UK.
- Developer: Acting as part of a multi-disciplinary Ashfords team on the development of a significant biomass gasification project in Cheshire, advising on the principal EPC contract, feedstock supply arrangements and professional appointments.
- Private company: Acting on the termination of the Project and FM Agreements for a PFI schools project under which substantial compensation was payable to the Authority's contractors.
- Private company: Acting on a variation and settlement of disputes for a number of PFI projects to account for structural and lifecycle changes.
- Developer: Acting on the development of a £20 million series of renewable heat incentive projects, advising the developer on a range of commercial, security and construction issues.
- Funder: Advising on the development of an experimental water turbine project in the South West, advising the funder on a long term power purchase agreement and installation and operation agreement.