Jack is an Associate in the Business Risk and Regulation Team. Jack advises clients in relation to their regulatory duties and defends organisations facing regulatory prosecution and investigation.
He advises organisations and individuals on their regulatory duties and risk including environmental issues, health and safety law and other areas including construction, energy, and agriculture. He provides advice and defence for clients facing prosecution or investigation by the Environment Agency, DEFRA, the Health and Safety Executive, the ICO, the DVSA, local authorities and Trading Standards. He also has experience in dealing with corporate and financial regulation including the Freedom of Information Act, asset freezing, the Bribery Act and the Proceeds of Crime Act.
Prior to joining Ashfords LLP, Jack trained at a national law firm in a variety of commercial and regulatory roles, including a secondment to the litigation and regulatory department of a major bank. Jack has also been seconded to a national funding provider to provide in-house legal support.
- Various clients: Providing advice to individuals and companies facing environmental prosecution on issues including waste and pollution, environmental permitting and exemptions, chemical spills and land contamination.
- Various clients: Providing advice to directors, senior managers and other individuals facing personal prosecution due to their role in a corporate offending context (i.e. health and safety, environmental issues) where custodial sentences were applicable.
- Major construction corporations: Defending clients facing investigation for variety of regulatory issues including working at height, lead control, vehicle strikes, and general health and safety.
- Major waste and construction corporations: Assisting clients following workplace fatalities including initial investigation, evidence gathering and full legal defence services, including providing advice and input to clients (both corporate and individual) during inquests in the Coroners Court.
- Major transport company: Assisting with the defence of a client facing DVSA investigation and a Traffic Commissioner Public Inquiry.