Iona is a Solicitor in the Corporate Team.
Iona assists the team in advising both domestic and international clients from a wide range of sectors on corporate transactions, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments.
Iona is also actively involved in Ashfords' CSR initiatives.
- Form 3: Advising the leading cloud-native payment technology provider for banks and regulated fintechs on a $33 million strategic equity investment (including participation from Lloyds Banking Group, Nationwide Building Society, 83North and Draper Esprit).
- Curtis Banks: Advising on the acquisition of a SIPP and SSAS provider, a leading fintech provider and equity placing to raise £25m.
- Various clients: Assisting the team with advising public and private companies on investment rounds.
- Various clients: Advising on the purchase and sale of SPVs with interests in solar development.
- Various clients: Assisting the team on the issue of secured convertible loan notes. Including drafting investor consents, shareholder consents, target and group company board minutes, written resolutions and loan note certificates.
- Various clients: Managing disclosure and due diligence processes, including drafting due diligence reports in respect of both M&A and investment transactions.
- Various clients: Assisting with various M&A transactions.
- Various clients: Advising on the formation of corporate entities and other corporate secretarial matters.