Gruff is a Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Team. Gruff advises on a range of disputes for businesses and individuals. Gruff has been qualified for 3 years.
Gruff has advised and acted on behalf of a full range of clients in breach of contract claims, Sale of Goods Act/Consumer Rights Act disputes, enforcement of restrictive (post-termination) covenants and misuse of confidential information disputes, and professional negligence claims. He has also managed debt collection services for several corporate clients.
Gruff is developing a specialism in Judicial Review claims and has advised clients on both bringing and defending Judicial Review applications. He recently successfully persuaded a potential claimant to withdraw its threat to bring a judicial review application against a local authority client in relation to a decision not to extend a procured contract.
Gruffydd is Chair of the XYBC Committee which organises regular events for young professionals in the Exeter and surrounding area. Click here to find out more about XYBC.
- Private company: Assisting on a breach of warranty claim for a transnational corporation in the oil industry including the service of time-critical notices to avoid the release of funds held in escrow.
- Private company: Acting for a business with a national network of licensees in injunction proceedings against a licensee for breaches of restrictive covenants contained within a license agreement.
- UK subsidiary of multi-national company: Successfully settling a 3-party breach of collateral contract and misrepresentation claim relating to the supply of forklift trucks under a finance agreement.
- Foreign private company: Advising on the enforcement of European judgments against assets of a foreign bank located within England and Wales.
- National accountancy firm: Defending professional negligence allegations and pursuing unpaid invoices for a leading national accountancy firm.
It was a pleasure working with Gruff; and I am very grateful for the professional and pragmatic advice he provided and also how timely and comprehensive his responses were. I also felt he was a personable, friendly and genuine individual, and I would be very happy to work with him again.
John Groom, Divisional Director - Medicine, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust