Giles is an Associate in the Commercial and Intellectual Property Team.
Giles has a broad range of experience in helping businesses identify, commercialise, protect and enforce their intellectual property rights (copyright, trade marks, designs, passing off, patents and confidential information). He deals with both contentious and non-contentious matters. Giles also advises clients on various types of business-to-business and business-to-consumer contracts.
- Literary Estate: Advising the business behind a world famous author's literary estate in connection with the protection and commercialisation of the client's intellectual property rights. In particular, advising the literary estate on its IP enforcement strategy and also in respect of legal proceedings (for registered trade mark infringement, passing off and copyright infringement) in the High Court against a third party theme park operator in respect of an unlicensed attraction which referred to our client's IP rights.
- Music technology business: Part of the Ashfords' team acting on behalf of a music technology business in the bringing of registered trade mark and passing off proceedings in the High Court against three defendants based outside the jurisdiction.
- Designer and retailer of specialist children's furniture: Advising the client in connection with allegations of registered design and unregistered design infringement against a competing business and their Polish manufacturer/distributor in relation to one of our client's chair designs.
- Literary Estate: Advising the business behind a world famous author's literary estate in respect of the licensing of its intellectual property rights to various third party licensees, including drafting and negotiation of the licensing agreements.
- Internationally renowned brand of designer footwear: Advising our client in respect of the negotiation and drafting of various worldwide brand licence and collaboration agreements between our client and various well-known celebrities/public figures, relating to the development and launch of various co-branded footwear collections.