Giles focuses on domestic and international corporate transactions and represents companies and venture capital funds in venture capital transactions and angel financings, venture debt transactions, public offerings and cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
He has over 20 years' experience in the technology sector, but with a particular focus on the fintech and agrifood tech verticals. Giles has also worked on many financial services and renewable energy transactions.
Before joining Ashfords, Giles was a member of the Technology Companies Group in the London office of Orrick. Prior to Orrick, Giles worked at Heller Ehrmann, Accel, the venture capital fund and WilmerHale.
Giles is a member of the Enterprise Investment Scheme Association and has EIS Accreditation.
- Form3: Representing Form3 in its Series B investment from Draper Esprit, Barclays Bank and Angel Co-Fund.
- Jones Food: Representing Jones Food, Europe's largest vertical farm in its investment by Ocado.
- Mobius Motors: Advising Mobius Motors on its Series A investment from Pan-African Investment Company, Playfair Capital and VestedWorld.
- WhiteHat: Representing WhiteHat on its Series A investment from Index Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures and Salesforce Ventures.
- Kopernio: Advising on the sale of Kopernio Limited to Clarivate Analytics.
- Igeolise: Representing Igeolise on its investment from ETF Partners.
- Shawbrook Bank: Representing Shawbrook Bank on its venture debt facility to REG (UK).