Part-Qualified Trade Mark Attorney
George is a Part-Qualified Trade Mark Attorney in the Intellectual Property Team.
George assists with all aspects of brand protection and in particular, the clearing, preparing, filing, prosecuting, registering, policing, maintaining and renewal of trade marks all across the world.
George is currently undertaking the Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, at Queen Mary University of London, with a view to becoming a Part-Qualified Attorney.
George regularly works with trade mark advisers abroad in order to service clients' overseas brand protection needs. He also maintains regular contact with a number of key clients so as to provide them with updates on their respective trade mark portfolios.
- Penhaligon's Limited and L'Artisan Parfumeur: Assisting the global perfume houses in managing their worldwide trade mark portfolios.
- Pro-Direct Sport: Working with one of the world's largest online sports stores on a new global filing strategy, which included registering multiple UK trade mark applications, despite having a renown social media company request that the client undertake not to apply to register and trade under such brands worldwide.
- Post Office: Preparing, filing, prosecuting and registering an LGBT themed logo on behalf of the retail company, with the intention being for it to be used in respect of the client's new diversity and inclusion initiative.
- Van Guard: Preparing and filing four simultaneous (and subsequently successful) oppositions, at the EU Intellectual Property Office, on behalf of a market leader in the provision of van accessories against a US competitor looking to enter the European market.
- Centrax: Working with a supplier of gas turbines to help maintain their US trade mark registration in light of the States' strict requirement to evidence that a registered trade mark is being continually used in trade.