Gemma is a Senior Associate in the Construction & Infrastructure Team.
Gemma, a Solicitor advocate, specialises in advising on dispute resolution in the context of complex engineering and infrastructure projects (including PFI/PPP projects), particularly in the health, energy and waste sectors.
Her work encompasses advising on the interpretation of complex contractual provisions, avoidance and resolution of contractual disputes, collaborative dispute resolution and complex adjudications. Gemma advises a range of project stakeholders from EPC Contractors to sponsors and O&M Contractors. Gemma has a particular interest in PFI/PPP disputes in both the construction and operation phases, across a variety of sectors, including health, energy and waste.
She has over 10 years of litigation experience in a variety of dispute resolution forums ranging from commercial compromise agreements to contested hearings.
- National waste disposal company: Advising as part of a team on a dispute over a multi-million pound PFI project for a national waste disposal company.
- Contractor: Advising a contractor on payment provisions within an EPC Contract as part of a PFI Project.
- Power station operator: Advising the client in relation to a potential nuisance claim.
- Various contractors: Advising contractors on settlement agreements and Deeds of Variations in respect of complex construction and operation arrangements to reflect revised terms resulting from negotiated settlements.
- Secondment: Secondment to in–house legal team of a FTSE 250 company, advising on a broad range of legal and commercial issues in respect of a variety of complex and high value issues.