Emma is a Partner in the Real Estate Team. Emma has experience of a wide range of commercial real estate transactions in both the public and private sectors.
Emma specialises in energy, waste and infrastructure projects, she advises clients including funders, landowners and developers on the real estate aspects of these projects. Emma also advises private and public sector clients within the health, education and energy sectors.
- AD developer: Advising an AD developer and its funders in connection with 11 projects to construct and operate anaerobic digestion facilities.
- Biomass developer: Advising a client in relation to developing a new biomass plant which will convert recovered wood into electricity through a gasification process.
- Private landowners: Advising private landowners in connection with energy and infrastructure projects including a private landowner looking to grant cable easements for a proposed AD plant which included securing bank performance bonds for the significant easement payments being made to our client over a period of time and a private landowner affected by a proposed electrical interconnector project.
- National waste management company: Advising a waste management company on the sale of a landfill site conditional on the transfer of the Environment Agency permit to the buyer, replacement bonds being put in place and third party consents being obtained due to existing lease arrangements needing to be transferred to the buyer.
- AD developers: Advising private landowners looking to develop AD facilities on their farms for which funding is required including creating a suite of bankable property documents to enable funders to provide loans to the projects.