Ella is a Solicitor in the Construction & Infrastructure Team.
Ella deals with a range of contentious and non-contentious matters and acts for a variety of clients including developers, local authorities, contractors and sub-contractors.
Ella joined Ashfords in September 2015 and gained experience in the Property Litigation, Intellectual Property, Construction and Infrastructure and Commercial Litigation Departments before qualifying into the Construction and Infrastructure Team.
Ella is also a member of the XYBC Committee.
- Private company: Advising in a high value dispute regarding a consultant’s negligence claim. This included the management of a disclosure exercise with circa 70,000 documents and the preparation of detailed witness statements.
- Local council: Assisting the team in conducting a large due-diligence exercise prior to its purchase of land and existing buildings.
- Private individual: Acting for a high net worth individual in defending court proceedings against a contractor following works that were completed without a formal contract. A security for costs application was prepared in order to protect the client’s position.
- Contractor: Advising various contractors on the effect of bespoke amendments to standard form building contracts.
- Developer: Assisting the team in a professional negligence claim in relation to the architectural design of a large hotel development.