Elizabeth acts for a range of clients including public bodies, private companies, insurers and individuals on a wide number of issues relating to Data and Privacy. She offers a robust assessment of risks and tactics tailored to each case. Once a strategy is in place she uses her experience to offer commercial, pragmatic and cost-effective solutions to her clients.
She has a strong record in resolving Privacy and Data breach claims. Giving sound individual commercial advice in this rapidly evolving area of law.
With over 20 years' experience of litigation, she is a skilled negotiator and understands her clients' needs and priorities, whether it be gathering evidence for trial or negotiating settlement.
The data litigation sector has changed rapidly in recent years, with the introduction of GDPR and more recently a Pre Action Protocol for this area of work.
Elizabeth brings her extensive technical experience and attention to detail to the table to achieve a 'results driven' solution to cases.
- Private client: Assisting with a claim and achieving a large award of damages for a client when her daughters school sent information to her abusive ex-husband which allowed him access to her new home address. She had worked hard to ensure he didn't have this information. He then turned up at her new home, attacked her and attempted to take her daughter. She now lives in fear that he will return and is having to move house once more.
- Corporate client: Assisting with resolving a claim by an employee after details of his medical health was accidentally disclosed to other staff. The breach was contained, support and training was offered, and the claim resolved promptly before costs escalated.
- Private client: Advising on and o recovering damages for a business man who found that his home address was being shown on card payment receipts handed to thousands of customers over a period of many months.
- Corporate client: Advising an IT company when a data base was transferred to a third party without proper consent in place. Offering support on steps to be taken to limit the breach, how to deal with the ICO and dealing with any civil claims that may follow.
- Private client: Assisting a client seeking compensation for a breach of his privacy when a debt collection company sent a demand letter to a client. The envelope allowed people to see the contents.
Very experienced and a sensible and effective negotiator.
Legal 500 2018