Ed is a Senior Associate in the Employment Team. Ed has been qualified for 15 years.
Ed specialises in all aspects of employment law with a strong record in dispute management including the management of complex Tribunal and employment High Court litigation as well as commercial and judicial mediations.
He has a particular interest in investigatory work (including where underpinned by discrimination or whistleblowing considerations or regulatory overlap); the enforcement and defending of restrictive covenants often in a team move context; and the employment aspects of founder/partner disputes including LLP disputes. He was fortunate to have assisted on the multi-disciplined Reinhard litigation which focused on employment status and LLP membership issues.
Ed also enjoys advising on senior executive issues and severance terms and is experienced in the analysis of share schemes, long term absence issues (including disability discrimination and personal injury considerations); and discrimination (all forms including sexual harassment).
Ed's non-contentious practice includes: preparation of service agreements; transactional support and TUPE advice; advice on redundancy and restructuring arrangements; and employment status considerations.
He acts for a range of clients including professional services and financial services companies, private equity houses, SMEs and senior executives. He is experienced in working in a number of sectors including financial, construction, real estate, energy, retail and sports.
- Financial Services company: Advising Group Board on sensitive multifaceted investigations which involved discriminatory, whistleblowing and regulatory considerations.
- Private Equity house: Advising on the termination arrangements for portfolio company CEO and co-ordinating share arrangements.
- Renewable energy consortium: Advising on TUPE issues arising from the termination of outgoing operations and management agreement and simultaneous appointment of a new contractor. Advised on legal and commercial considerations in the absence of clear TUPE exit provisions in the outgoing agreement.
- Premier League football club: Advising Head of Legal Services and Chairman on the departure arrangements for Premier League Manager including taking a leading role on the resulting commercial mediation. Co-ordinating termination arrangements for backroom staff.
- Reinhard v Ondra LLP & Ors : Assisting with complex membership/status dispute including ancillary misrepresentation, bonus and related claims in the High Court and Court of Appeal. The principal issues in dispute were whether, under the terms of a contract, Mr Reinhard became, or was entitled to become, a member of Ondra and if so on what terms as to profit share and capital interest. The case also examined whether it was legally possible to be a member of an LLP and an employee of an LLP at the same time.