Dominic is an Associate in the Corporate Team specialising in corporate finance and transactional work.
Dominic specialises in advising a broad range of clients on mergers and acquisitions, in respect of both share and asset purchases, and on corporate finance, private equity transactions, company reorganisations, LLP and partnership matters, and shareholder and joint venture agreements including in respect of property developments. He has a particular interest in family and owner-managed businesses and crowdfunding, having worked on over 150 transactions involving the sourcing of crowdfunding. Dominic also assists the corporate practice in relation to financial services and regulatory matters.
Prior to Ashfords, Dominic worked at the Press Association in London for 13 years with the final three years in the legal department assisting the in-house lawyers and latterly as Rights Manager, with responsibility for IP and media rights at the London 2012 Olympics.
- Department for Transport: Advising and acting on behalf of the Department for Transport on the sale of the Vehicle Certification Agency's Management Systems Certification body to the French transport services provider, UTAC Ceram.
- Bambinos Ltd: Lead legal adviser to the selling shareholders on the sale of a Plymouth-based childcare provider, Bambinos Childcare Centres, to a Chinese education company, JiaYi Education, in a multimillion pound deal which was the first of its kind in the UK.
- DQS Financial Limited: Lead legal adviser to the selling shareholders on the sale of the entire issued share capital in DQS Financial Management Limited to Old Mutual Wealth Private Client Advisers Limited, including in respect of corporate and regulatory matters.
- C. Rowe (Falmouth) Limited: Advising the selling shareholders on the sale of the entire issued share capital in W.C. Rowe (Falmouth) Limited (Rowe’s Cornish Bakers) to Iberia Industry Capital Group Sarl, based in Luxembourg.
- Various clients: Advising numerous companies across many sectors, including film, food and drink, retail, events and engineering, on investment, funding and lending arrangements, including in respect of subscription and shareholder agreements; share charge arrangements; loan capitalisations; and convertible loan notes.