David is a Legal Director in the Real Estate Team. David advises on freehold and leasehold commercial transactions acting for both landlords and tenants.
David has particular experience in the retail, leisure and licenced premises sectors. He acts in particular for a large café bar and restaurant chain and a number of private landlords and developers dealing with both commercial and residential properties.
He is recognised as a leading figure in the commercial property field by the Legal 500 and is praised by clients for “knowing his stuff”.
- National restaurant chain: Advising and negotiating agreements for leases conditional on obtaining planning and licensing, leases licences and ancillary documentation such as early access agreements.
- National restaurant chain: Advising on property aspects of large (+£100m) refinance initiative including detailed analysis of leasehold interests.
- National restaurant chain: Attending to lease renewals under statutory (Landlord & Tenant Act 1954) procedures and vial informal negotiations.
- Non-UK resident: Advising and assisting on UK sale of large residential and commercial property portfolio, undertaken with critical timings for individual property sales to take advantage of tax breaks and concessions.
- Non UK resident: Advising and assisting on acquisition of a large residential property portfolio to include residential tenancy set ups and administration.
David Morris and Will Hammond provided professional advice that was first class, advising on all angles and eventualities. They are both commercial and pragmatic, coupling expert advice with a fantastic work ethic and great teamwork throughout my time working with them. I would strongly recommend them to any peers and they are key to the high regard in which I currently hold Ashfords.
Legal 500 2021