Claire is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team.
Claire qualified in 2011 and is experienced in advising a range of private and commercial clients in relation to a variety of commercial disputes, including pursuing, and defending, all types of contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, claims concerning professional negligence, company restorations, debt recovery and enforcement action.
Claire acts in the High Court and has developed particular expertise in advising and acting for Shareholders, Directors, LLPs, partners, and joint venturers on disputes including:
- Unfair prejudice petitions
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Breach of director duties
- Derivative claims
- Breach of joint venture and shareholders’ agreements
Claire is able to advise and support clients through all stages of litigation and often successfully settles disputes through ADR, including mediation.
Claire is known for her ability to get to the crux of any dispute quickly, and for her creative approach to delivering positive outcomes for clients.
In 2014, Claire completed a four-month full-time secondment to the litigation team of Post Office Limited in London. In 2016, Claire completed a short placement in the litigation team of a commercial firm in Perth, Australia.
- Commercial client: Advising and representing a local manufacturing company in pursuing a claim for £7 million against a popular soft drink provider over an alleged breach of a Manufacturing Agreement. The case settled after mediation.
- Commercial client: Advising and representing a local company engaged in the business of the sale of new and used bakery and food processing equipment in defending a proposed breach of contract claim by a third-party company in the sum of circa £400,000. The case settled in the pre-action stage for £80,000 inclusive of costs and including return of the equipment in dispute which had a re-sale value of more than £80,000.
- Director and Majority Shareholder client: Representing majority shareholder in engineering company, in relation to matters concerning claims of unfair prejudice, breach of director’s duties, recompense for alleged unlawful dividends and purchase of interest at fair value. Settled by negotiation outside of Court.
- Various commercial organisations: Advising and representing leading national commercial organisations on debt recovery matters, including advising on general issues relating to debt claims, procedure, associated costs and risk, drafting letters before action and court proceedings.
- National water and waste water service company: Advising and representing the company in respect of various claims against others and claims brought against it, including advising on contract law and the law of negligence, conducting and defending court proceedings, advising on practical solutions and alternative methods of dispute resolution, and advising on and negotiating commercial settlements.