Chris is a Partner in the Real Estate Team. Chris has significant experience in estate management, development and disposals.
Chris combines estate management, development, and disposals for developments for public sector bodies in the health and education sectors with advice to developers in the private sector and landowners selling land to developers.
He has developed an expertise in acquiring sites and their development for a range of public sector bodies including several new hospitals GP surgeries and a new Further Education College campus. He has also dealt with the negotiation and sale for re-development of redundant hospital and college sites.
In parallel Chris has also developed a practice acting for landowners advising on the disposal of land and redundant sites for redevelopment.
In both areas he regularly drafts and negotiates options, conditional contracts promotion agreements and overage arrangements.
Chris has over ten years practical experience as a Further Education College Governor. He is also a director and company secretary of the Exmoor Calvert Trust a charitable company which has developed and runs an award winning activity centre for people with disabilities, their families and friends, a voluntary role which he has performed for over 15 years.
- Further education college: Acting on the sale of a college campus site incorporating a historic walled garden to a residential developer, conditional on the grant of planning permission and with overage obligations.
- Private landowner: Acting for the client in the sale of a greenfield site with outline planning permission for 300 dwellings to a national housebuilder after preparatory enabling works to secure access and drainage rights.
- GP practice: Acting for the client in connection with the sale of a freehold site with planning permission for the development of a new surgery to a specialist health centre developer with development obligations and an agreement to lease the completed premises back to the GP practice.
- Health trust: Acting for the Trust in connection with the lease of a site including obsolete hospital buildings for conversion and redevelopment as a studio school offering 14 to 19 education specialising in a range of healthcare skills appropriate and relevant to the Trust.
- Family trust: Advising the client in connection with a promotion agreement to facilitate the obtaining of planning permission and sale for residential development.