Chris is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team and an experienced commercial litigator.
Chris is a specialist in advising claimants on professional negligence claims against a range of professionals, including valuers, solicitors, accountants and tax advisors. Chris has a particular specialism in advising banks and other lenders on those types of claim, and has been on secondment previously with a leading high street bank. Chris has also had articles featured in the Mortgage Finance Gazette on this topic.
In addition, Chris advises in relation to commercial disputes in the technology and property sectors, and on claims relating to loans and guarantees amongst other matters. He was also previously seconded to a renewable energy investment company in London as Head of Legal.
Chris advises clients throughout the litigation process, including the Pre-Action Protocol phase, and has substantial practical expertise in Alternative Dispute Resolution, having been involved in a significant number of successful mediations and negotiations in recent years.
Chris trained with the firm and qualified into the Dispute Resolution Team in 2011.
- Renewable energy investment company: Seconded as Interim Head of Legal, dealing with a range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Major UK lenders: Acting on behalf of lenders in relation to multiple high value professional negligence claims in respect of commercial, residential, industrial and development sites.
- Professional practice: Advising the claimant company in respect of a substantial multi-party claim including allegations of breaches of directors' duties and unjust enrichment.
- Major UK lender: Acting on behalf of a lender in respect of a claim against solicitors for failing to properly protect the lender's security position.
- Private company: Advising in relation to supply contracts for the provision of services in the technology sector.