Chris is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution Team.
Chris has extensive experience in advising on professional negligence claims and has a particular specialism in advising lenders on those types of claim, primarily against solicitors, valuers and project monitors. Having specialised in this area for a number of years now, he has built up a wealth of expertise in this sector. Chris also recently had articles featured in the Mortgage Finance Gazette on this topic.
In addition to his professional negligence practice, Chris also advises in relation to commercial disputes in the professional practices and technology sectors.
Chris advises clients throughout the litigation process, including the Pre-Action Protocol phase, and has substantial practical expertise in Alternative Dispute Resolution, having been involved in a significant number of successful mediations and negotiations in recent years.
Chris trained with the firm and qualified into the Dispute Resolution Team in 2011.
- Major UK lenders: Acting on behalf of lenders in relation to multiple high value professional negligence claims in respect of commercial, residential, industrial and development sites.
- Professional practice: Advising the claimant company in respect of a substantial multi-party claim including allegations of breaches of directors' duties and unjust enrichment.
- Major UK lender: Acting on behalf of a lender in respect of a claim against solicitors for failing to properly protect the lender's security position.
- Private company: Advising in relation to supply contracts for the provision of services in the technology sector.
- Major UK banking group: Completing a six month part-time secondment to the litigation team of a major UK banking group.