Catherine is a Senior Associate in the Construction & Infrastructure Team specialising in non-contentious construction matters.
Catherine has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating construction documents for all types of commercial, large-scale residential and renewable energy development projects, where she has worked with a number of leading contractors and developers. Her work has included advising employers, funders, developers, consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors on all forms of construction and engineering contracts (including JCT, NEC3, FIDIC, IChemE), framework agreements, collateral warranties, third party rights, professional appointments, bonds, guarantees and latent defects insurance policies. Catherine works closely with our Real Estate, Projects and Corporate Teams advising on the associated construction-related aspects.
Catherine has particular experience advising on NEC contracts, including advising members of the Hinkley Point C supply chain.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Catherine worked at Osborne Clarke and has also spent time on secondment with the in-house legal team of a major international energy and oil company.
- Consortium supplier: Acting for a consortium supplier in respect of their upstream and downstream contracts for works and services relating to Hinkley Point C. Advising on NEC contract terms, drafting project specific consultants' appointments, letter of intent and works order to enable early works to be carried out to achieve programme requirements.
- Developer: Advising a developer in respect of streamlining the procurement of contractors and consultants for its various projects. Drafting bespoke suite of framework agreements and underlying contracts comprising (i) two bespoke framework agreements for the appointment of contractors (one major works, one minor works) together with bespoke underlying conditions of contract and (ii) a bespoke framework agreement for the appointment of consultants together with a bespoke underlying form of appointment.
- High end retailer: Advising in connection with the construction contract (JCT Intermediate Building Contract with contractor's design 2011) for the fit out of a high end retail unit. Drafting project specific amendments, advising the client in connection with their consultants' appointments, collateral warranties and project security.
- Steel fabricator: Advising on the terms of an NEC3 Supply Contract for the fabrication and supply of steel relating to works at Hinkley Point C.
- Developer: Advising the developer and drafting the construction contract (based on NEC3 ECC with bespoke Z clauses) and associated documentation for the construction of an estate road and associated infrastructure as part of a wider commercial development in Bridgwater.