Trainee Legal Executive
Bunmi is a Trainee Legal Executive in the Commercial Litigation Team within Dispute Resolution. Bunmi joined Ashfords in July 2018.
Bunmi advises clients on a wide range of civil and commercial litigation matters and contractual disputes for companies and individuals, including property litigation, contract law and debt bankruptcy. She also advises clients on enforcement options to recover judgment obtained upon success such as applications for debtors to attend court for questioning, High Court Writ of Control, securing a Charging Order against a debtor’s property, third party debt orders and attachment of earnings. She has been repeatedly recognised for her experience, competency and professional conduct.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Bunmi worked as a debt recovery paralegal in the in-house legal department of a Financial Fintech company. She assisted the team in progressing debt recovery matters from processing claims through to, and including, all methods of enforcement.
Bunmi is an Associate member of the Chartered institute of Legal Executive Lawyers with over 9 years’ experience within Litigation, Debt Recovery and Insolvency. She is currently working towards completing her studies which also includes a masters in law.
- A nationwide law firm: Advising and acting on behalf of the firm on their debt recovery and enforcement of judgment.
- Financial Fintech company: Working in the in-house legal department of a financial institution initiating court proceedings on behalf of the company. Dealing with enforcement action for unpaid judgment . Using knowledge of insolvency policies and processes by submitting proof of debt and proxy forms for meeting of creditors.
- UK’s leading Music licensing company: Advising and acting on behalf of the music licensing company in the areas of intellectual property, commercial and civil litigation. Maximising licence revenue debt recovery or copyright infringement enforcement by means of litigation.
- Small Law firm: Advising and acting on behalf of commercial and consumer clients in the recovery of high value and low value debts. Dealing with a range of disputes involving property, Landlord & Tenant, contract & business, debt and insolvency. Providing advice from instruction through to hearing/ settlement, drafting and submission of claims and bankruptcy petitions.
- Commercial Law firm abroad: Working in a leading commercial law practice in Africa. Acting on behalf of clients in Litigation, ADR, Arbitration and Debt Recovery. Handling complex multi- faceted disputes involving several claims and parties.