Ashley is a Solicitor in the Real Estate Team.
Ashley advises on all aspects of transactional commercial property work, from disposals and acquisitions to leasehold and commercial lending work. He has a particular focus on retail, pension and franchise work.
Ashley has experience of acting for both landlords and tenants on the full spectrum of leasehold work. This includes the granting and taking of new leases, surrenders, assignments, sub-lettings and everything in-between. Ashley also regularly deals with the transfer of freehold and long leasehold interests and acts for a national pension provider in respect of property work with a SIPP and SSAS element.
Prior to practising law, Ashley worked in the insurance sector both in the UK and Australia, handling claims for Personal Injury and Professional Negligence on behalf of a range of insurers. Ashley has also worked as a contractor for a Financial Services provider advising on complaints relating to the mis-selling of financial products.
- Commercial landlord: Acting for the owners of a large mixed-use commercial estate in respect of their lease portfolio.
- Commercial tenant: Advising a national restaurant chain on the acquisition of a new 15-year lease. The deal involved a multi-conditional agreement for lease, annual rent in excess of £100k and a landlord’s capital contribution of over £200k.
- Pension provider: Acting for a national SIPP and SSAS pension provider on the sale and purchase of a range of commercial properties (offices, shops, warehouses etc.).
- National Bank: Advising a national bank in respect of a legal charge to be taken on a property worth in excess of £1.5m.
- Corporate support: Providing Real Estate transactional support to the firm’s Corporate team in respect of M&A and investment deals.