Ashley is a Solicitor in the Real Estate Team.
Ashley advises on all aspects of transactional commercial property work, from sales, disposals and acquisitions, to leasehold and commercial lending work. He has a particular focus on retail, pension and franchise work.
Ashley has experience of acting for both landlord and tenant clients on the full spectrum of leasehold work. This includes the granting and taking of new leases, surrenders, assignments, sub-lettings and everything in-between. Ashley also has experience of dealing with the sale and purchase of freehold property and regularly acts for a national pension provider in respect of property work with a SIPP and SSAS element.
Prior to practising law, Ashley worked in the insurance sector both in the UK and Australia, handling claims for Personal Injury and Professional Negligence on behalf of a range of insurers. Ashley has also worked as a contractor for a Financial Services provider advising on complaints relating to the mis-selling of financial products.
- Commercial landlord: Acting for the owners of a large mixed-use commercial estate in respect of their lease portfolio and advising on leases granted to new tenants.
- Commercial tenant: Acting for clients on a range of commercial leases, including a global sandwich franchisor in respect of its new store locations and advising on the sale and purchase of stores by its franchisees.
- Pension provider: Acting for a national SIPP and SSAS pension provider on the sale and purchase of a range of commercial properties (offices, warehouses, agricultural land etc.).
- National Bank: Advising a national bank in respect of a legal charge to be taken on a property worth in excess of £1.5 million.
- Local Authority: Acting for a London Borough Council on a range of property matters.