Annika is a Legal Director in the Real Estate Team. She undertakes a wide range of real estate work with particular emphasis on development work.
Annika deals with site assembly, including land owner agreements, conditional contracts, option agreements and more general development agreements. She also acts for both house builders and housing associations in the sale and purchase of affordable housing.
Annika's clients include commercial and private developers, housing associations, investors and local authorities.
Annika is acknowledged by the Chambers & Partners Guide to the Legal Profession 2018 and is 'highlighted for her expertise in the acquisition and disposal of social housing'. She is described by interviewees as "excellent, knowledgeable, professional and efficient."
- National housebuilder: Acting for a national housebuilder on the acquisition of a 300 plot development site in the South West. The roads and infrastructure for the site were shared with the retained employment land and the transfer included both cross rights and build obligations.
- National housebuilder: Acting for a national housebuilder in the disposal of their affordable housing at their developments throughout the South West both by land sale and build contract and "off the shelf" sales together with option agreements for the disposal of future phases.
- National housebuilder: Acting for a national housebuilder on the assignment of an Option from another national housebuilder for a 300 plot development. Advising on the terms of the existing Option Agreement, exercising the Option and completing the transfer.
- Housing association: Acting for a housing association in a three phased acquisition of development site for 150 units of affordable housing from a consortium of house builders including reviewing and reporting on title, and negotiating the transfer which included step in rights to carry out infrastructure works in the event the developer failed to undertake these works.
- Various developer and housing association clients: Advising in ongoing development aspects, such as collaboration agreements, deeds of easement, certificates of title for the section agreements, and deeds of variation to contracts following changes in the affordable housing allocations at various sites for housing associations and developers.
Well respected by clients and commercially sound and good to deal with on transactions.