Amy is a Partner in the Restructuring & Insolvency team. She is a solicitor and a (non-appointment taking) licensed insolvency practitioner.
Amy advises clients on corporate and personal insolvency law. She acts for insolvency practitioners and stakeholders affected by financial distress, including directors, shareholders, creditors and debtors from a wide spectrum of sectors, but particularly financial services and insurance. Her practice encompasses advisory, disputes and transactional work and extends to advising insolvency practitioners in respect of professional disciplinary issues.
Amy won the Insolvency Lawyers' Association Prize in the Joint Insolvency Examination Board (JIEB) examinations in 2010, is a contributor to Tolley's Insolvency Law service and other technical publications, and has presented at a range of seminar and training events, including for LexisNexis and the IPA.
Amy's experience is recognised by Legal 500 within the team's Tier 1 ranking for Restructuring & Insolvency, and she was previously recommended by Legal 500 in the field of Professional Discipline.
- Liquidators: Acting in relation to numerous antecedent and misfeasance claims against directors of a company in the travel sector.
- Foreign bank: Advising a foreign bank in connection with its high value insolvency claims against a series of investment banks which arose from the 2008 banking crisis and the bank’s subsequent insolvency, including various cross border issues such as double actionability, conflict of laws, recognition and discovery in several jurisdictions.
- Creditor: Advising a substantial creditor and client of multiple entities of a legal and insurance intermediary group as to their interconnected administrations and business reorganisation, including the transfer of a ABS solicitor practice and business transition and continuity issues.
- Insurance sector stakeholders: Acting for a range of stakeholders in the insurance sector, including a creditor opposing a scheme of arrangement proposed by an insurance company, the administrators of an insurance company, the solvent winding up of an insurer in run-off, and various insolvency issues for intermediaries, insurers and insureds.
- Insolvency practitioners: Advising insolvency practitioners regulated by the ICAEW and IPA in relation to various disciplinary, investigation and conduct issues.
Crispin Jones and Amy Gallimore are hugely experienced insolvency lawyers, both of whom have undertaken the JIEB exams, with a compelling track record of achievement. They work seamlessly together.
Legal 500, 2020