Alison has expertise in dealing with lease renewals, adverse possession claims, rights to light matters, contentious licences for alterations, advising landlord clients in relation to rent and service charge arrears of their tenants, dilapidations claims, disputed service charge claims, collective enfranchisement matters, residential lease extension claims and professional negligence claims relating to property. Alison's clients range from residential freehold companies, restaurateurs, property companies and individuals.
Alison is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Pyramus & Thisbe Club. Alison regularly presents seminars at Ashfords on a wide range of real estate topics.
- Private individual: Advising a client in relation to a rights to light dispute at her multi-million pound property.
- Residential freehold company: Advising the company in relation to their obligations under a lease to insure a leaseholder's property.
- Leaseholders: Dealing with a collective enfranchisement claim on behalf of the leaseholders in respect of their properties near Hyde Park.
- Residential freehold company: Advising the company in relation to the interpretation of an alterations clause in their leaseholder's lease.
- Private company: Advising a client in relation to their service charge liability in connection with the replacement of an air-conditioning system at their property.