Alfredda is a Licensed Conveyancer in the Residential Property Team.
She is involved in checking the legal title and supporting paperwork for complex and high value properties including raising enquiries, preparing reports to the client and resolving and correcting problems as well as providing legal and practical advice and support to all members of the Residential Property Team.
In addition Alfredda is the training contact for the department, and regularly researches, prepares and delivers runs training sessions for fee earners on all aspects of conveyancing law and practice. She has also written articles for a legal publication, and updated precedent documents.
Alfredda has been a Licensed Conveyancer for many years, and has experience of building up her own case load. For eight years she was an external assessor for the Council of Licensed Conveyancers, marking Final Law and Final Conveyancing Practice papers.
- Private client: Resolving a complex faulty legal title and correcting it, and explaining the position clearly to the client.
- Private Client: Title checking the purchase of brand new properties on large and complex modern estates - both freehold and leasehold - to include the legal title and all planning, road, drainage guarantee and other matters, and reporting to the clients.
- Private Client: Advising on the purchase of leasehold properties, and checking the lease, the service charges and management arrangements, the length of the term and ground rent.
- Private Client: Advising a client how to obtain legal title to a piece of land which had been occupied by adverse possession, but had been registered in another person's name during the period of occupation.
- Internal training: Some of the latest sessions run by Alfredda have included looking at the needs of elderly and vulnerable clients, auction conveyancing, new build guarantees, adverse possession, recent cases as they affect property law, unregistered title, SDLT, fraud, anti- money laundering, completion problems, leasehold matters, rent charges, plot purchases, length of lease terms and ground rent increases.