Changing Solicitors

Are you satisfied with your current legal adviser? Have you lost your trust and confidence in your solicitor? It may be that you find it difficult to communicate with them and are not happy with the way your claim is being managed. In extreme cases, your solicitor may have made a mistake which has affected the outcome of your case.

If you think your solicitor has treated you badly or given you poor advice, you can complain using their internal complaints procedure or ultimately to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Changing your solicitor is something that you should not do lightly, but if you are really getting bad advice or a bad service, the earlier the change, the better. If you are unhappy with the advice or service you are receiving from your solicitor, you may need some outside help to decide what to do.

Some things to think about :

- Is your case being dealt with by a qualified solicitor or legal executive?
- Does your legal adviser return your calls?
- Do they keep you regularly updated and explain the claims process to you in a way that is clear and easy to understand?
- Do you want a local solicitor?
- Do you want a solicitor with a proven track record and with accreditation from the Law Society?
- Do you want to be able to meet your solicitor face to face?

We would encourage you to give your solicitor an opportunity to respond to any complaints or concerns, but if your decision is to change legal adviser we can help you make the process as streamlined and simple as possible.

At Ashfords we would be happy to provide you with initial free advice and support if you are considering changing your solicitor. This will help you decide on the best way forward for your case. Please contact Flora Wood on 01392 334020 for more information.

Send us a message