At this event our experts will focus on two corporate criminal offences:
1. Failing to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion; and
2. Failing to prevent bribery.
Taking both of these in turn, our experts will address:
• How each corporate criminal offence is committed
• The defences and how to put in place reasonable prevention procedures
• Examples and case studies
• Advice on what to do if you have concerns or suspicions that a bribery or tax evasion offence has occurred in your business
• Advice on what to do in the event of a prosecution.
We are delighted to be joined by Simon Davison, a former detective with the elite Flying Squad, who spent several years investigating serious and organised crime, including the Hatton Garden robbery. Simon will give us some real life insight into managing investigations and the use of covert surveillance, intelligence and evidence gathering.
• Nicola Manclark, Partner - Tax
• Jeremy Asher, Senior Associate - Fraud & Business Crime
• Jack Baumgardt, Solicitor - Business Risk and Regulation
• Simon Davison from Another Day
Who should attend?
The event is aimed at directors, senior employees, compliance and regulatory officers and in-house counsel.
5:30 - Arrival/ Registration
6:00 - Seminar and Q&A
7:00 - Networking and drinks
7:30/8:00 - Event close
Please confirm if you have any special dietary requirements
For more information on the event please contact our Events Team.