Advice for Businesses
Our team regularly advises businesses across the whole spectrum of restructuring and insolvency issues. We provide advice on acquiring businesses from Liquidators and Administrators, or on whether a pre-pack administration is appropriate.
We can often, if approached early, assist on restructuring businesses without the need for formal insolvency proceedings.
We advise Directors on trading during the "twilight period" before Administration or Liquidation.
We also offer a fixed fee execution only service to enable an insolvent company present their own petition to wind up their company. Please contact a member of the team for more information.
- Directors duties
- Solvent Liquidation ("MVL")
- Company's own petitions
- Company Voluntary Arrangements ("CVA")
- Schemes of Arrangement
- Validation orders
- Strike Offs
- Disqualification Proceedings
- "Prohibited names" and permission to act
- Advising the buyer of a payday loan business from Administrators. Deal completed within 24 hours
- Acting for an estate agent business disputing a winding up petition and seeking a validation order
- Advising a client on the enforceability of their retention of title claim against the Liquidator of a retail business. Securing the return of stock to the client
- Providing advice to the directors of a company which continued to trade despite severe cash flow difficulties
- Acting for a publically listed client on the acquisition of a competitor's business which had entered administration
- Acting for a client considering a CVA. Ultimately restructuring the Company's borrowing, workforce, shift pattern, debt collection and contract terms, ensuring ongoing trade without the need for an insolvency process
The lawyers at Ashfords LLP "go the extra mile for their clients"Legal 500