Public Funded Real Estate
Our Public Funded Real Estate Team act for a wide range of bodies funded directly or indirectly from public funds and who need advice on real estate issues either on their own account or where they are promoting initiatives through investment in real estate.
- Site acquisition and disposal
- Healthcare and Education
- Regeneration schemes
- Ashfords advised Mendip District Council on a strategically important leisure portfolio disposal. The team advised on competitive disposal of five leisure centres including procurement, employment and pension issues by way of long leases and a concession contract. The scheme will help to eradicate a substantial funding deficit.
- Acting for a Regional Development Agency on the redevelopment of a Town Centre. The work involved a regeneration and cooperation agreement with the local authority, a compulsory purchase order to acquire third party interests, a development agreement, state aid advice and a lease structure to capture a share of long-term benefit from the regeneration activities;
- Advising Cornwall Council on making compulsory purchase order for the St. Austell town centre redevelopment scheme, including advising the Council, negotiations with objectors, listed building and land assembly issues, CPO documentation and related section 106 agreement;
- Advised the London Development Agency on the development of the former Royal Arsenal a major regeneration initiative comprising (when completed) some 5,000 new homes, 5000,000 square feet of retail commercial and industrial space - (over 1,000 permanent jobs already created) and a new crossrail station.
- Advising a City Council on the successful procurement (using competitive dialogue) and development of a new residential quarter in London with over 4,000 proposed new homes;
- Advising a major public authority on a long term joint venture to secure new housing and schools development using a partnership structure;
- Representing public sector funders on the provision of grant funding for major capital projects including the English National Stadium at Wembley.