Family and Owner Managed Businesses
Family businesses move from generation to generation and strength to strength. We understand the dynamic and personal nature of this growth and believe strong values, culture and personality are key to success. We will get to know you, your family and your ambitions to support the generational infrastructural development of your business.
Planning for the long term is critical, especially in the changing economic market and within the family and owner managed business context. Taking calculated risks and making wise decisions are necessary to the continued growth and success of your company.
- Asset protection
- Business structuring and strategy
- Commercial contracts
- Corporate re-organisations
- Employment advice
- Family agreements and family charters
- Family disputes
- Inheritance planning
- Investment arrangements (family and external investments)
- Property and Real Estate
- Succession planning and exit
- Share options
- Tax advice
- Wealth preservation
- Working with non-family managers and shareholders
- Reorganisation of Cattran Trading Limited: founded in 2006 and more than £8 million worth of real estate. After several generations of family ownership, the company was equally owned by the seven brothers and sisters of the Cattran family. We were asked to advise on a tax neutral solution to divide up the businesses properties to the respective owners.
- Expansion of Stonehaven Healthcare: founded in 2006 by husband and wife Stephen and Dawn Stone, who still run the company along with their two sons. Ashfords has worked with Stonehaven for a number of years and has advised on a variety of legal issues, including business acquisitions and employment advice, as well as acting for director in their personal capacity.
- New suite of Employment documents for Expressions, a bespoke luxury travel business founded in 1989. The business now works globally across the industry having established a strong international network.
- Sale of Premium Timber Products to Meyer Timber Group: Formed in 1988, Premium Timber Products is one of the UK's leading suppliers of joinery products to the DIY sector. It was owned by the Gardner family, who developed it from incorporation to a £30 million turnover business. Ashfords acted in the sale of the share capital to Meyer Timber Group Limited. We provided a full service to the family, not only helping with the business elements and sale but also preparing appropriate wealth management and trust structures to help with the family's long-term tax and estate planning.
+44 (0)117 321 8063
GDPR applies to all businesses -...
Those businesses who thought that they were too small to bother with data protection have been issued with a timely...
How to avoid intergenerational stress
One of the joys of a family-owned business is having your sons and daughters working with you as a team...