Disputes involving children
We understand that disputes involving children issues must be handled with the greatest understanding and flexibility. We aim to help you to resolve these difficult problems, and ensure clients understand their options throughout the process.
Whether its assistance in deciding where your children should live, or whether you need help with regular arrangements, a member of our family team can help. We also deal with applications to remove a child from this country and contested applications to decide schooling and other specific issues.
- Advising a client in relation to a contact and residence dispute which was complex in nature due to distance, health issues and behaviour allegations. Advising the client in relation to the reliance and enforceability of a previously made arrangement. Issues of competency of adults together with removal of the children from the jurisdiction several weeks each year.
- Advising a client in relation to a contact and residence dispute involving serious allegations that the client had harmed the child. After protracted proceedings the allegations were found to be false and the child was placed with the client.
- Representation of a client in lengthy residence proceedings involving the instruction of experts and a Guardian for the children.
- Advising a client in a complex case requiring the repeated enforcemnt of previous orders against a hostile parent.
- Advising on issues of paternity and the subsequent issue of proceedings to successfully achieve regular contact where no details about the child concerned were known at the outset of the matter.
- Advising a client in complex proceedings involving repeated allegations against the client who had not seen their children in over ten years. Successfully achieving contact for the client.
Partner and Head of Family Department
+44 (0)1392 333686