Jeremy Asher has saved many a driving licence, either by persuading the Court that a client is not guilty, by persuading the CPS that there is insufficient evidence to secure a realistic prospect of conviction, or by offering mitigation including Special Reasons and Exceptional Hardship. Although based in Exeter, we represent clients at Courts across the country who are charged with the full range of road traffic offences, including fatalities.
In relation to the most serious offences we have collated a number of renowned experts to give evidence on a wide range of issues. These include collision investigators, mechanical engineers and chemical analysts, particularly in the area of back calculations.
- Not guilty verdict for a driver accused of causing death by careless driving
- Successfully defended a company director charged with using a vehicle in a dangerous condition following a fatal road accident involving an employee (started as corporate manslaughter)
- Not guilty verdict for the driver of a car prosecuted for driving without due care & attention which had collided with a vehicle driven by an off duty police officer that was turning into a police station forecourt
- Saved the driving license of a client who undertook a police car whilst allegedly travelling in excess of 100 mph in a sports car valued at £1 million
- Defending speeding and excess alcohol offences, in particular drivers liable to disqualification under the totting up procedures (12 or more points), and have successfully avoided many disqualifications on the basis of exceptional hardship
- Not guilty for a professional sportsman accused of possession of an offensive weapon
- Successfully persuaded the CPS to offer no evidence in a case involving the driver of a vehicle alleged to have been twice over the legal limit for alcohol.
An excellent criminal litigator
Legal 500 2013
+44 (0)1392 333824
New Drivers and the Law
Passing your driving test is a milestone for any individual, whether you are a young adult or coming to driving...
Totting - The Mandatory 6 Month...
The importance of a driving licence is very often underestimated. Unfortunately it is only at the point where there is...
What is a Notice of Intended...
In the vast majority of speeding or red traffic light contravention offences, the driver will see the stomach sinking flash...