International - Contentious
Ashfords LLP acts for a large number of International Clients, including assisting them with complex disputes in the Commercial Court and in Arbitration.
Ashfords also has a team of mediators who have assisted in bringing cases to settlement both as mediator or acting for international clients in mediation.
As a founding member of ADVOC Ashfords can draw upon the expertise of other ADVOC firms in over 100 other countries and jurisdictions if foreign laws or procedures are applicable.
- International Non-contentious
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- International Dispute Resolution
- Asset Tracing and Recovery
- Opening Secondary Proceedings
- UNCITRAL applications
- Recognition of Foreign Proceedings
- Letters of Request from foreign courts
- A €12m plus dispute for a Portuguese company in respect of investments made on its behalf by an English bank
- Obtaining and serving an anti-suit injunction in Tunisia and commencing arbitration proceedings in London for a multinational oil company
- Advising a company in Bahrain on an arbitration in London relating to commissions allegedly due
- A contractual dispute in respect of blocks of time shares for a European based company
- Acting for a creditor of a foreign national resident in England. Opening Main Proceedings in England to challenge antecedent transactions in the debtor's "home" country
- Advising creditors on options available to them following the presentation of bankruptcy petitions by so called "bankruptcy tourists"
- Obtaining recognition and subsequently opening secondary proceedings in the USA to reverse antecedent transactions and realise property located in the USA
- Acting on behalf of a Trustee to obtain formal recognition of the foreign proceeding, tracing assets across continental Europe and private examination of the bankrupts under the UNCITRAL model law
- Acting for an English Trustee in Bankruptcy who obtained recognition of a worldwide freezing order in South Africa and then went on to sell a luxury beach front holiday home
- Acting for an English Trustee in Bankruptcy who opened secondary insolvency proceedings in Bulgaria and set aside the transfer of 4 holiday apartments