Intellectual Property Disputes
We specialise in advising clients on enforcing, protecting and defending their intellectual property rights, in whatever form they may take. In particular, we have a significant amount of experience in handling brand and trade mark disputes.
- Trade Mark Litigation, Brand Protection Proceedings and Dispute Resolution
- Design Litigation, Design Proceedings and Dispute Resolution
- Patent Litigation, Patent Proceedings and Dispute Resolution
- Copyright and Database Right Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Other Dispute Resolution Services involving Intellectual Property Rights
For further information on intellectual property dispute resolution services listed above please click here.
- Advising a national postal services provider in respect of a claim relating to allegations of copyright infringement and unregistered design infringement brought against it by a company that had provided signage services to the client
- Handling numerous trade mark disputes around the globe for various clients of the firm. Includes conducting opposition, revocation, invalidity and rectification proceedings before the UK Trade Marks Registry and the Community Trade Mark Office and defending registered trade mark infringement proceedings before the English Courts
- Representing a leading financial services mutual society in bringing in the High Court registered trade mark and passing off legal proceedings against a rival business
- Acting for one of world's leading generic pharmaceutical companies in respect of Court proceedings concerning a contractual dispute relating to a pharmaceutical licensing and supply agreement
- Providing a manufacturer and supplier of foodstuffs with pre-litigation strategic advice in connection with a potential patent infringement claim and challenge to the validity of the patent
- Acting for a client in respect of an overseas intellectual property dispute between the client, an international distributor of the client's products and a world famous sporting team and their world famous marketing agents
Ashfords support and assistance has been second to none. Fast thinking, creative and always contactable, Carl Steele has provided invaluable support every step of the way, enabling me to make informed, reasoned decisions and adopt appropriate commercial strategies. Technically gifted and with a clear wealth of business and intellectual property experience, Carl is a master at his game; someone you want on your side and most definitely do not want to come up against on the other!
Oliver Bourne, Senior Legal Manager, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
Confidential Information: The Importance of NDAs
Confidentiality agreements, also known as Non-Disclosure Agreements ("NDA"), are designed to protect crucial and commercially sensitive business information, for example,...
Innocent Drinks win "Dude" case
Last week's Court decision in the Innocent smoothies drinks dispute highlights (once again) the importance of clearly stating in contracts...
Why is it important to carry...
Businesses often launch new products under new brands, without considering the repercussions of pre-existing similar/identical brands that are already registered...
Great result for fashion clothing designers
Many brand owners operating in the world of fashion clothing will be delighted to hear of the outcome of a...
Clickable links and copyright
In Svensson, the Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled that where a website owner provides clickable links...
New .uk domain name addresses to...
Following our recent article, Nominet has announced a launch date of 10 June 2014 for the new form of ".uk"...