Our dedicated Financial Services Team has helped the likes of Family Investments and Covéa Insurance with a variety of transactional and compliance issues such as M&A, reorganisations, collaborations, outsourcings, new product development, regulatory notifications and approvals. We cover a wide range of financial services activities (with particular focus on operating outside the perimeter of regulation) including deposit taking, lending, insurance (long term and general), reinsurance and alternative risk transfer, intermediation, trading (securities, derivatives and forex), corporate finance, wealth management (advisory and investment management), fund formation and operation and consumer credit.
Our practical and innovative approach has included:
- Creating the regulatory environment for the first UK crowdfunding platform Crowdcube. At a time when the regulatory authorities had never had to deal with crowdfunding we delivered a unique solution to market, shaping the development of the nascent equity crowdfunding phenomenon.
- Developing the UK's first identity theft insurance product.
- Constructing debt cancellation programmes to substitute for blighted payment protection insurance products.
- £76.3m acquisition of UK motor insurance group for largest French multi-national mutual group (including in French language).
- Mergers by way of regulated transfers of engagements of mutual insurance groups (transferring and merging portfolios ranging from £40m to £5bn).
- Passporting into and establishment within the UK of offshore regulated funds from Australia, Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
+44 (0)117 321 8063