Our Tax Team works closely with our Corporate and Commercial teams as well as directly with clients such as private and public companies, investment funds, individuals and accountancy and other professional service firms (including law firms) to support your transactional and ongoing business needs.
We have significant experience in a wide variety of taxation issues affecting businesses, including advising on corporation tax, VAT, stamp duty, stamp duty land tax, EIS, SEIS, VCT, reorganisations, demergers, tax structuring and obtaining tax clearances and liaising with HM Revenue & Customs, as well as long term strategic tax planning and structuring.
We also provide a stand alone employee share and share option scheme service, dealing with both approved and unapproved schemes as well as alternative structures such as growth shares, and are able to help you create the right product for your business, tailored to your needs.
- Cattran Trading Limited - reorganisation of a family owned company by way of capital reduction into 7 separate companies separately owned by family members.
- Stovax Heating Group Limited - group reorganisation and demerger by way of capital reduction immediately prior to completion of phased disposal of Stovax Heating Group Limited with earn out provision.
- Mr & Mrs Holmes - advising founders on the sale of their shares in Gro Group Limited to the management.
- Assisting on tax issues and drafting tax aspects of the prospectus for the admission of Wessex Exploration PLC to AIM.
- Advising Cornwall Council and SWRDA on stamp duty land tax and VAT issues on the redevelopment of Hayle Harbour and the establishment of the Marine Renewables Business Park.
- Advising SWRDA on VAT and stamp duty land tax issues on the development of Osprey Quay (part of the Olympic site) at Weymouth.
The quality of advice and the service Ashfords provided was second to none. They provided us with a personal service and ensured that every member of the family party was completely satisfied with the result
Important update regarding EMI options
On 4 April 2018 HMRC published an update in relation to the enterprise management incentive (EMI) scheme.
Introducing external investors – a legal...
As explained by the Albert Goodman contributors, the availability of SEIS and EIS relief provides real financial benefits to investors...