Whether you are a publisher, software or website developer, musician, artist, graphic designer, architect, photographer, author, film producer, advertising agency, playwright or you are otherwise involved in the creative industries - we have considerable expertise in helping clients of all sizes secure, exploit and protect their copyright works. We also assist clients in lawfully exploiting the copyright works of third parties.
- Advising the business behind a world famous author’s literary estate in connection with the protection, commercialisation and enforcement of the client’s intellectual property rights. In particular:
- Advising the business on the drafting and negotiation of various copyright licences and character merchandise licenses with third party licensees based in various territories around the world;
- Advising the business on its copyright (and other intellectual property rights) enforcement strategy, including preparing cease and desist correspondence and the drafting and negotiation of associated settlement agreements and undertakings;
- Acting on behalf of the business in legal proceedings in the High Court, against the operator of an unlicensed leisure attraction.
- Acting on behalf of a professional employment organisation in defending high-value legal proceedings brought against it in the High Court for copyright infringement and breach of the terms of a copyright licence, including advising on settlement/mediation of the dispute.
- Acting on behalf of a world renowned provider of virtualisation technology and networking solutions in taking action against various infringers of the client’s copyright in its software and its online and offline training materials.
- Acting on behalf of a gin distillery in respect of allegations made against it, concerning the allegedly unlawful use of photographs and imagery in its marketing and promotional materials and on its website.
- Advising the guitarist of one of the UK’s best known prog-rock bands in respect of a dispute concerning royalty payments due on sales of one of the band’s albums.
- Advising a provider of personal, social, health and economic educational courses and training materials on:
- The commercialisation and protection of its courses and training materials when licensing them to schools and other educational establishments; and
- A copyright licence between our client and a composer, in respect of sound recordings and musical works, for inclusion in its courses and training materials.