Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
Our Business Risk and Regulation Team advise and represent clients in relation to investigations by the Vehicle & Operator Services Agency. We assist with interviews under caution, make representations to Enforcement Managers, and represent clients before the Magistrates' Court or the Road Traffic Commissioner. Although based in Exeter, we represent clients all over the country who are charged with the full range of road traffic offences.
We understand the commercial needs and constraints that drivers hours and overloading can impose on businesses, both large and small.
- Exceeding driver hours
- Failing to take sufficient rest
- Forging and Counterfeiting tachographs
- Driving with no insurance
- Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence
- Failing to display a licence
- Successfully appealed against the decision of the Road Traffic Commissioner not to grant a Public Service Vehicle Operators Licence under the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981
- Appealed against the decision of the Road Traffic Commissioner to revoke a HGV driver's licence under s115 & s116 Road Traffic Act 1988
- Defence of VOSA prosecuted offences on behalf of various defendants, most particularly overloading and tachograph offence
- Advised the Board of a FTSE 100 company on its obligations to notify the Traffic Commissioner of convictions registered against the company
- Successfully persuaded the Traffic Commissioner to grant a licence to a road haulier that had inadvertently operated without a Goods Vehicle Operators Licence for nearly 20 years. A Public Inquiry was avoided.
An excellent criminal litigator
Legal 500 2013