Burgh Island Swim - CANCELLED
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Burgh Island, Bigbury-on-Sea, South Devon, TQ7 4BG, Location details
Please note that this event has now been cancelled.
Unfortunately the weather forecast for the week ahead is looking likely to impact on our planned swim with the wind causing choppy water and high swells.
Safety is our paramount concern, and therefore in full consultation with Surf Life Saving GB, we have made the decision to defer the Burgh Island Swim this Thursday.
We have looked at possible alternative swim options but none would allow us to swim around the Island and with the currently predicated winds would still be a very tricky swim and not the memorable experience that I am sure you would all prefer.
We will be in contact as soon as we have been able to secure an alternative date for this but if you would prefer we issued a full refund in the interim, please do let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the original details:
Ashfords would like to invite you to swim around Burgh Island.
Essential to know
- £35 for the 1 mile swim around the island.
Payment by BACs:
Account Number: 03390023 and Sort Code: 30-93-14.
Reference: Please use "BURGH ISLAND" and your full name as reference.
Payment by cheque:
Cheques should be made payable to "Ashfords LLP" and sent to Events, Ashfords LLP, Ashford House, Grenadier Road, EX1 3LH.
Enter and compete or simply enjoy a swim at this iconic Devon beauty spot.
Approximately 1 mile in open water with full water safety provided by Surf Life Saving GB.
Click below to complete the enrty form.
Entry form and payment must be received by Friday, 14th July.
Contact email@example.com if you would prefer a hard copy entry form or for further information.
The Burgh Island Swim is organised by Ashfords LLP in association with Surf Life Saving GB.
By entering the event you agree to abide by the following;
- All entrants must be a minimum of 18 years on the day.
- The organisers aim for this to be an inclusive event; however, entrants must be able to swim the required distance.
- Prior to the event taking place a risk assessment will be undertaken by the Event Water Safety Manager from SLSGB. If concerns are identified regarding safety due to sea conditions they have the right to cancel or change the format of the event. Their decision is final.
- The Event Water Safety team have the right to:
a) Stop participants from participating if they believe them to be unfit to swim (due to, for example, illness, injury, or intoxication by drink or drugs)
b) Remove individuals from the event if they are concerned about their safety or the safety of others.
- Entry fees are non refundable as all proceeds after costs will be donated to our two charities, Surf Life Saving GB and Alzheimer’s.
- In the event that you are no longer able to attend the swim, we are happy to transfer your entry at no charge before Friday, 14th July. For safety reason no further amends will be allowed after this date.
- DATA PROTECTION: The information provided by you on this form will be used solely for the purpose of race results, and identification for health and safety reasons. The information will only be available to members of the results team and appropriate race officials, and will not be passed to any other person or agency.