Burgh Island Swim
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Burgh Island, Bigbury-on-Sea, South Devon, TQ7 4BG, Location details
Ashfords would like to invite you to swim around Burgh Island.
Essential to know
- £35 for the 1 mile swim around the island.
- £20 for the ½ mile open water swim.
Payment by BACs:
Account Number: 03390023 and Sort Code: 30-93-14.
Reference: Please use "BURGH ISLAND" and your full name as reference.
Payment by cheque:
Cheques should be made payable to "Ashfords LLP" and sent to Events, Ashfords LLP, Ashford House, Grenadier Road, EX1 3LH.
Enter and compete or simply enjoy a swim at this iconic Devon beauty spot.
Approximately 1 mile or ½ mile in open water with full water safety provided by Surf Life Saving GB.
This year sees the addition of a ½ mile swim (keeping sight of the beach) for anyone who would like to experience an open water swim.
Click below to complete the enrty form.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would prefer a hard copy entry form or for further information.
The Burgh Island Swim is organised by Ashfords LLP in association with Surf Life Saving GB.
By entering the event you agree to abide by the following;
1. All entrants must be a minimum of 18 years on the day for the 1 mile swim and minimum 16 years on the day for the ½ mile swim, with no upper age limit.
2. The organisers aim for this to be an inclusive event; however, entrants must be able to swim the required distance.
3. Prior to the event taking place a risk assessment will be undertaken by the Event Water Safety Manager from SLSGB. If concerns are identified regarding safety due to sea conditions they have the right to cancel or change the format of the event. Their decision is final.
4. The Event Water Safety team have the right to:
a) Stop participants from participating if they believe them to be unfit to swim (due to, for example, illness, injury, or intoxication by drink or drugs)
b) Remove individuals from the event if they are concerned about their safety or the safety of others.
5. DATA PROTECTION: The information provided by you on this form will be used solely for the purpose of race results, and identification for health and safety reasons. The information will only be available to members of the results team and appropriate race officials, and will not be passed to any other person or agency.