Blockchain technologies, and the smart contracts and the digital currencies which they power, are disrupting virtually every industry - from financial services, to real estate transactions to food and agriculture. Distributed ledgers and smart contracts will radically alter the way we do business.
Ashfords has a leading technology practice and has been ranked by Pitchbook as one of the most active law firms globally in venture capital in the last two years. Ashfords’ Technology Group comprises a cross-disciplinary team of lawyers who understand how technologies such as blockchain and smart contracts impact our economy and our clients.
We are highly experienced at working across different jurisdictions, including having worked on many cross-border transactions. Through our international networks we are well placed to assist on both UK and international issues.
This is a rapidly evolving space and the law frequently lags behind the pace of technological change. Clients rely on us to understand and guide them through the opportunities and threats afforded by these technologies. Whether you’re a company seeking regulatory advice on raising capital through an Initial Coin Offering, a venture capitalist investing in the technology, a company developing its own smart contracts, or a technology business seeking protection for IP assets, we have the practice and industry experience to advise you.
Our work includes:
- Representing venture capital investors in investments in blockchain technology companies.
- Representing a joint-venture company employing blockchain technologies in the real estate sector.
- Establishing a foundation for the promotion, development and use of cryptocurrencies.
- Representing a consumer internet company in formulating its trademark and patent strategy to protect its blockchain-based technology.
- Advising on the structuring and regulatory frameworks of token offerings.
2 days ago
2 days ago