- BGF Ventures: Advising on a syndicated £7 million Series B funding in Triptease, a SaaS business improving the online travel booking process.
- PleaseTech: Advising on the sale of PleaseTech, a leading software company specialising in collaborative authoring and document review, to Ideagen Plc.
- Glow Digital Media: Advising on the sale of social media advertising business Glow Digital Media to Spanish adtech company ADTZ.
- NewVoiceMedia: Advising a syndicate of investors including Notion Capital, Eden Ventures and Highland Capital Partners on over $100 million of funding in NewVoiceMedia, a provider of cloud-based contact centre technology and services.
- Public agency: Advising an innovation and enterprise public agency on governance models ranging from companies limited by guarantee to social enterprise models.
- Currencycloud: Advising investors including Sapphire Ventures, Accomplice, Notion Capital, XAnge and Anthemis on a Series D investment in fintech payment platform, Currencycloud.
- Emoov: Advising online estate agent Emoov on a series C investment in the company by various investors including the personal involvement of Gaby Salem.
- Wharton: Advising Wharton Asset Management, as well as Episode 1 VC, Maxfield Capital, Spire and Startive Ventures.
- Form3: Advising Form3, a payments technology company on its $13m investment from Draper Esprit, Barclays Bank and Angel Co-Fund.
- WhiteHat: Advising WhiteHat, an apprenticeship start up on its $16m investment round in the company, led by Index Ventures and including Lightspeed Ventures and Salesforce Ventures.
- BGF: Advising BGF on an investment in Prezola, the UK’s leading independent wedding gift list and wedding website provider, to allow them to develop a mobile app.
- Holtzbrinck: Advising Holtzbrinck Ventures on its $20m Series A funding into Zencargo.
IT Contracts & Outsourcing/SaaS
- Post Office Limited: Providing on-going advice on the separation of its software licences from a previous group company and setting up a new software licensing structure through the use of an outsourced service integrator and a SIAM operating model.
- Global provider of infrastructure solutions: Advising on a subcontract for the provision of services to Virgin Media to connect approximately 4 million UK homes and businesses to broadband speeds of 152Mb, at least twice the speeds available from competitors. The roll out by Virgin Media constituted the single largest investment in broadband digital infrastructure in the country for more than a decade.
- Dynmark: Advising a company providing mobile intelligence and marketing platforms on the sale of its cloud messaging and portal tools and services both directly to customers and to clients for re-sale purposes, including advising on intellectual property rights and use of the data collected from end users.
Hardware and IoT
- Sensus UK Systems: Advising a leading technology solutions company, in relation to its collaboration with Arqiva to put forward a solution under the competitive dialogue tender process for the Government’s smart metering implementation programme calling for the installation of smart meters in homes nationwide by 2019.
- Notion Capital: Providing advice on investment into KisanHub, an Agri-Tech SaaS platform providing actionable insights to the agricultural food supply-chain.
- The Small Robot Company: Providing advice to an AgriTech start up in relation to crowd financing on Crowdcube.
- Guinness Asset Management: Advising on investment into Jones Food, Europe’s largest vertical farm.
- Homelync: Advising a smart home integration and data analytics platform provider on its data protection compliance project.
- Artificial Intelligence: Advising the shareholders of an artificial intelligence software company on its sale to an AIM-quoted company in a share-for-share exchange.
- YFM Equity Partners: Acting for YFM Equity Partners on its investment in Atlas Genetics.
- Careflow Connect: Advising on the sale of Careflow Connect, a developer of a mobile communications system for clinicians and care professionals, to System C Healthcare.
- Research Instruments: Advising on the sale of Research Instruments, specialising in cutting-edge technology, consumables and hardware in the field of in-vitro fertilisation and in micromanipulation technology, to CooperSurgical for US$51m.
- Satio: Advising Satio Pharma on a seed investment round totalling £1.4m.
- Biotech: Advising a biotech company on successive funding rounds.
- Consumer healthcare: Advising a private equity-owned consumer healthcare company on the acquisition of over-the-counter brands from a pharma company.
- US distributor: Acting for US global leader in the distribution of pharmaceutical supplies on the construction and fit out of its UK facility to comply with the requirements of the Medicines and Health Care Products Regulatory Agency.
- International manufacturer of medical devices: Advising on product safety, CE marking and international product recall.
- Form3: Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements for Form3, which offers cloud based integrated banking and universal payments solutions, with their partner third parties such as Arkea Banking Services, to provide an integrated financial services infrastructure.
- Creditcall: Advising UK-based omnichannel payment gateway on a broad range of commercial matters from negotiating third party contracts to a comprehensive data protection review.
- Hometouch Care: Advising this home care start-up on an investment by Ananda.
- Mobius Motors: Advising on an investment by the US International Development Finance Corporation.
- CIC: Advising a developer on the creation of a Community Interest Company with the social objective of benefiting the local area.
AI and Autonomous Systems
- Fluidly: Advising AI powered cash management SaaS provider on £5million investment led by New York-based venture capital firm Nyca Partners.
- PathMotion: Advising an AI-driven candidate engagement platform provider on a broad range of commercial contracts and data protection matters.