Whether you are an overseas business or individual looking for advice on key English law issues, or a UK business thinking of entering the global market, we have the breadth and depth of experience to help.
- The firm originated in Exeter in the mid 1700s as Sparkes and, after going through many name changes including Ashfords Sparkes and Harward, finally became Ashfords. The Sparkes family were Quakers and practiced as solicitors, bankers and property developers. They ran the Exeter General Bank (founded 1792) which at that time issued £1 Bank notes depicting William Penn, another Quaker, signing a treaty with Native Americans.
- We have over 70 Partners and 500 staff. With offices in London, Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Taunton and Tiverton.
- Turnover of £34M+.
- Our Partners number lateral hires from international firms including Clifford Chance, Eversheds, Norton Rose, Taylor Wessing and Reed Smith.
- Thanks to our lower regional overheads, our fee rates are typically half those applying with lawyers of equivalent experience in London.
- We are both ISO 9001 and Law Society LEXCEL.
- We represent numerous international companies on both UK and cross border transactions and disputes.
- We have lawyers who speak French, Russian, German, Italian, Spanish and other foreign languages.
Simon is the main IR contact and is a trusted adviser to public companies, start-up businesses, non-UK companies and venture capital investors. He specialises in mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, mbis/mbos, venture capital and shareholding structures. He spent part of his career working in New York, Paris and the Middle East. Simon has particular experience in international and cross border deals and advises inward investors on doing business in the UK.
20 hours ago
21 hours ago
1 day ago