We regularly assist with interviews under caution, make representations to Enforcement Authorities, and represent companies and individuals before the Magistrates' Court or the Traffic Commissioner.
We can provide advice and representations on the full range of road traffic and transport management offences, wherever you are based in the UK.
We understand the commercial needs, constraints and regulatory burden that transport management can impose on businesses, both large and small, and we are here to support you. We provide practical and realistic advice aimed at protecting an operator's licence, the status of Transport Managers, and the ability to operate lawfully.
The DVSA: increased powers to issue on the spot fines
Late last year, the Government confirmed that DVSA traffic examiners would soon wield far greater powers to issue on the spot fines for a range of commercial vehicle offences. These include exceeding driver's hours, or manipulating tachograph records.
- Overloading and vehicle maintenance issues
- Drivers hours and failure to take sufficient rest
- Tachograph errors (including forgery and counterfeiting)
- Driving without insurance
- Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence
- Failing to display a licence
- Transport Manager status (and good repute)
- Suitability to hold an operator's licence
9 hours ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago