Natural England and JNCC consultations on proposals related to six marine Special Protection Areas (SPAs)
Thursday, 21st January 2016
On 21 January 2016, Natural England and the Joint Nature Conservation Committee ("JNCC") launched six separate consultations on proposed plans in relation to six designated or potential marine Special Protection Areas ("SPAs"). The six consultations and supporting documentation can be accessed from the links below.
Three proposals to extend existing SPAs:
- Outer Thames Estuary Special Protection Area extension (JNCC and Natural England)
- Hamford Water Special Protection Area extension (Natural England only)
- Poole Harbour Special Protection Area extension (Natural England only)
Two proposals to designate new SPAs:
- Solent and Dorset Coast potential Special Protection Area (Natural England only)
- Northumberland Marine potential Special Protection Area (Natural England only)
One proposal to combine two existing SPAs into a single SPA and to extend the area designated:
- Morecambe Bay and Duddon Estuary Special Protection Area changes (Natural England only)
All six consultations close at 5pm on 21 April 2016.