Our Social Housing Team provides sound, practical advice to local authorities, housing associations and social landlords. The team has worked within the social housing sector for a number of years, representing some of the biggest social housing landlords in the country. We are familiar with ethos and values and the need to be responsive and proactive.
We advise on Housing Management issues including all aspects of tenant management and wider property related disputes and Social Housing Property and Development issues relating to planning, construction, acquisition and disposal of social housing developments.
We have one of the largest teams of Social Housing specialists in the South West. Our location means we can offer specialist services in an extremely cost-effective way to London-based and nationally operating clients.
- Breach of tenancy terms
- Anti-social behaviour
- Disability discrimination and equality issues
- Debt recovery
- Social Housing Property and Development
- Real Estate Investment
- Public Funded Real Estate
- Assisting a client with preparation of new tenancy agreement and supporting policy documentation.
- Advising a London Borough on procedures for redevelopment.
- Acting for a client in contested possession action based on succession following death of tenant.
- Acting for a client in possession claim based on subletting and non-occupation.
- Acting for a client in obtaining a closure order against a family causing significant problems in the neighbourhood.
- Acting for two Housing Associations in the phased acquisition of the affordable housing provision (approximately 500 units).
- Acting for a Housing Association in their acquisition and development of a mixed scheme of affordable and extra care dwellings.
The Gas Access Campaign
Over recent months the housing press has regularly featured articles about gas safety and the 'Gas access Campaign' that is running to try and change the law in this area.Read more
When is a home not a home? Under Scrutiny: temporary accommodation and the Protection from Eviction Act 1988
This article looks at the joined cases of R. (on the application of N) v Lewisham LBC and R. (on the application of H (A Child)) v Newham LBC Read more
Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 - All Change?
Tackling anti-social behaviour was a key pledge of the Labour Government when it came to power in 1997. Over the 13 years they were in power, this resulted in a large number of new tools being introduced - everything from the 'ASBO' to demotion, high hedge provisions to the Family Intervention TenancyRead more