Darren is a Partner and head of the Agriculture Team specialising in agriculture property law.
He joined Ashfords as a trainee, his interest in rural issues and enjoyment in helping people with property purchases or leases, plus a family background in farming, have seen him become the head of the Agriculture and Rural Affairs team.
He has over 25 years' experience dealing with private clients as well as companies buying, selling and leasing land and buildings for occupation or investment. He also has considerable experience acting for lenders dealing with finance for agricultural projects.
Darren is described in Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession as someone who "makes sure things get done on time and who seeks solutions not problems".
- Purchase of a farm and the refinancing of the Home Farm, advising on matters such as lotting, third party rights, disputed easements, partnership and future development issues - £3million+.
- Sale of small Devon estate: Dealing with all aspects of the sale of an historic Victorian Country House with agricultural land.
- Dealing with the sale of one of the most valuable tracts of fishing in England.
- Shooting lease: Acting for a large land owner in the grant of a particularly involved lease of sporting rights on a Devon Estate. Value: £750,000+.
- Dealing with the purchase of agricultural land in Somerset at over £2million.
- Acting on the sale of one of the most extensive tracts of farmland existing within the M25. Advising on matters such as lotting, 1954 Act.