Franchising, Agency and Distribution
Our multi-disciplinary team covers all aspects of Franchising, Commercial Agency Distribution, Licensing and Hybrid Arrangements including Reseller, Joint Venture, Brand Licensing Arrangements, etc.
We provide a full range of services to franchisors and franchisees, licensors and licensees, commercial agents, manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
We are affiliates of the British Franchise Association.
Franchise set-up and creation - we advise Franchisors and potential Franchisors on business concept set-up, operating structures, franchise agreements, operating manuals and franchise grants. We provide advice on corporate structures and asset holding
Franchise grants and termination - we advise both franchisors and franchisees in relation to the taking and grant of franchise opportunities
Sale and purchase of franchise businesses - we advise both sellers and purchases in relation to both the sale of franchise units and franchisor networks
Master Franchise Agreements and Area Development Agreements - both domestic and International
Property - We act for franchisors and franchisees in relation to the purchase, leasing and sub-leasing of commercial premises.
Distribution Agreements and Commercial Agency Agreements
Reseller, Joint Venture and other Hybrid Arrangements - we have created alternate-form 'business concept' based arrangements in a wide range of sectors
Franchise Disputes - We provide a full range of dispute services to both Franchisors and Franchisees including advice on rights under agreements, breach notices, termination notices, misrepresentation claims, injunction and wrongful termination claims. The team have brought and defended a number of franchisee group actions.
Restrictive Covenants - we provide expert advice in relation to the drafting and enforcement of Restrictive Covenants. We are regularly engaged to enforce restrictive covenants against former employees
Trade-marks and licensing - Our in-house trade-mark attorney will deal with the registration of intellectual property rights and can advise on licensing and prosecution of IP rights
- Acting for Subway for over 11 years handling in excess of 500 new site locations and 600 existing store transfers.
- Acting for franchisor in relation to restructure in 12 overseas territories and in relation to expansion into new territory
- Advising on first grant franchise of well-known London restaurant
- Enforcement of restrictive covenant against rogue franchisee through injunction proceedings
- Advice on set-up of new retail franchise concept
- Representation of 22 franchisees in group action against well-known high street food outlet
- Advice in relation to launch of US leisure concept to UK market.