Our solicitors have considerable experience in dealing with the type of matters which arise in connection with the sale and purchase of fisheries. These include land sales and purchases, transfers of businesses and business assets, leasehold arrangements, employee transfers under the TUPE regulations, and planning issues.
- The sale of a coarse fishery business in Devon including log cabin accommodation. Dealing with licensing issues and securing rights of way.
- Dealing with a scheme for the leasehold sale of log cabins and fishing lakes for a limited company including the introduction of a management structure.
- Retained solicitors for a number of Fishing Clubs and Associations.
- Dealing with the purchase and sale of fishing rights on a number of rivers including the sale of one of the prime salmon and sea trout beats in the country.
- Setting up a constitution for the trustees of an angling club.
- Advising on the setting up and regularisation of a complex of fishing lakes with some of them syndicated and others on daily tickets with the local planning authority.
- Advising on a strategy to acquire a permanent dwelling on site for a fishery manager, including in the first instance a temporary dwelling and then following a three year period the grant of a full permission.
- Acquiring permission for managers accommodation, modest on site shop and café for a fishery.